after being in the employed by William B. Durgin, a relative.
Frank W. Smith died in 1904 and the firm was later incorporated
as Frank W. Smith Silver Co. Inc. in 1917.
In 1958, the firm sold the company's assets, machinery, patterns, tools,
dies, trademarks and trade name to the Webster Co.,
a subsidiary of Reed & Barton since 1950.
However, Towle Silversmiths also acquired the some of the dies
of Frank W. Smith Silver Co. Inc.